Sunday, January 14, 2007

KARACHI BLOG MEET


L-R: Jamal, Sabeen, Furqan, Insiya, (?), ZAK, Madeeha and Awab

L-R: Sabeen, Insiya, Salma, (?) and ZAK

L-R: Faisal, Madeeha and Ali

L-R: Insiya, Salma, ?, Madeeha, ZAK, Mansoor and Awab

Khawar interviewing Ali Khurshid while Madeeha and Jamal listen intently.

L-R: Khawar, Jamal, Sabeen, Furqan, Insiya, Salma, (?) and Awab

Bloggers busy chatting or ignoring me or both (hah!)

(Left) Sabahat and Awab in a serious intellectual chinwag...or so it seems.

Deja View 1- very cathedral like

Deja View 2 - Upstairs.
----
More details regarding this gathering can be found at Awab's metroblog post [here], including photos by Insiya. You will find the links to all the respective blogs there as well. Madeeha has also got a very interesting take on the blog meeting [here], so be sure to check it out.

Venue: Deja Vu
Date: 4th Jan, 2007
Time: 1:30 pm
---
It was a real pleasure meeting all the bloggers in person (finally). Great venue, great food and great company, what else can one ask for? (a large amount of cash in unmarked bills would have been nice but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.) It was shame that gathering was only for a couple of hours. Needed more time to have a chat with each one of you. I hope more meetings like this are organized in the future - I can always make a quick trip to Karachi to see you all again.

I've captioned the photos and have tried to identify as many bloggers as I could. For the fear of getting a name wrong, I've left some out for you to fill in the blanks. Please feel free to comment and leave any names I might have missed out. And know that I have met all of you...stay in touch!!

A big thank you to Awab and Madeeha for their help and hospitality during my visit to Karachi and for organizing this event.

Note: The initial image of my sneakers is based on Madeeha's request. She wanted to take a picture of them but never got around to it so I obliged. Just so you all know, I don't have a fetish for advertising my footwear on the net, but for a good friend I made an exception this time.



4 Comments:

Blogger Teeth Maestro said...

Love the title picture - Love the shoes LOL

Great pic and it was great to meet the Olive Ream in person FINALLY

7:54 PM  
Blogger Adnan Siddiqi said...

cool!

BTW, who is that GORA guy in one of the pictures?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Shahid said...

About time you started posting again, the web is a sad place without you my friend!

And where are the pictures of you, hmm? ;-)

3:07 PM  
Blogger .:*FairyDust*:. said...

sounds like so much fun :) and yea where are your pic huh?

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home