Saturday, June 25, 2005

A BRIEF ENCOUNTER OF THE PROSTITUTE KIND

X: Psssst!

Me: Yes?

X: Come closer honey, I won’t bite.

Me: Well, that’s a relief.

X: Do you wanna have some fun, darlin’?

Me: No thanks, I just had some.

X: Oh, c’mon! I can promise you some real hard-core action.

Me: I know, and that’s what I’m afraid of.

X: Hey, I’m desperate. If I don’t get your business, I’ll be in serious trouble.

Me: Why don’t you do something better with your life. Stop demeaning yourself like this. I’m sure you could make a better living.

X: Easy for you to say. You think I like doing what I do? They are people out there who would make my life a living hell, if I stop working the streets.

Me: I’m sorry; I didn’t realize things were so tough for you.

X: You have no idea. I’ve been walking the streets for the last 6 hours and my heels are killing me. I haven’t been able to convince a single guy to come with me.

Me: That is a shame but I’m sorry, I am still not interested.

X: Damn you!!

Me: I have twenty bucks in my wallet. Here, you can have it.

X: I don’t want your charity! I want you to come…

Me: You are wasting your time. I am not bloody interested! Get it?

X: But why?!!

Me: Because I am not from the US, and there is NO way that you, as a US Military Recruiter, can sign me up for your bloody War on Terror, which incidentally, is a complete farce to the majority of sane people of this world. Now fu** off and leave me alone!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sin said...

OK, you actually had me crack up there Olive :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Shahid said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! That was absolutely superb! I love your dialogues, and that one had me convinced it was real right until the punch-line. Brilliant!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Shirazi said...

This is how you turn monologue in a dialogue. Wonderful and familiar built up (this was once written by Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi in his column Gareban), but no one could think of the punch line you have thought. This is a hardest hit.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Hani said...

Haha

You have a great sense of humor!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home