Monday, April 18, 2005

CELEBRITY NEWS AND VIEWS

I cannot fathom the deep fascination with the minutiae of celebrity lives. Who are these people and why should I give shit about them? What has Janet Jackson done for me lately? NOTHING! and I really don’t expect her too. Has Tom Cruise paid my rent, mowed my lawn or even help me take out the garbage? Not that I recall. Then why should I care that he attended a movie premiere of a film for which I am not getting at least 10% of the box office proceeds.

This unhealthy fascination with celebrity lives is disturbing to me but I do realize that I am in a minority. I can understand appreciating someone’s talent/skill in music, film or the performing arts but being aware of the frequency of your favourite star’s bowel movements is taking it a bit too far.

Worst of the lot is this current Michael Jackson trial. I don’t care if he slept in the same bed as Macualay what’s his f**k. You just need to look at his face to realize that he is a bit of thicko. He should have been arrested a long time ago for impersonating a human.

The crowning turd on this steaming pile of celebrity related programs are these garish reality TV shows. It is not enough that we watch them in movies or music videos, now we have to endure their ignorance and stupidity in living out their lives in front of the camera. This is voyeurism at its globally perverse level.

Paris Hilton and all the other reality TV celebrity freaks ought to be sent to Guantanamo Bay for a month long vacation full of torture and harassment. Now that would make a great reality television program!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home